Cloud computing for small businesses is transforming the workplace. It is changing the way work comes home with us and can go anywhere. As a result, the traditional office is changing too. Having a business in the cloud can not only save you money, but it gives you more choices about where and when you work!
What is cloud computing for small businesses?
Cloud computing uses the Internet to deliver hardware and software services to a business instead of keeping physical hardware and software at your office. It is a centralized location on the internet that stores data, making it accessible anytime, anywhere, from any connected device.
The cloud office is an online platform for email, documents, messaging and calendaring. It also provides connectivity, collaboration, and centralization for your business.
Why use cloud computing for small businesses?
Rather than purchasing expensive business systems and equipment, you can reduce costs by using the resources of a cloud computing service provider like Intermedia.
Small businesses have embraced the cloud because it has a number of benefits like these listed below.
7 benefits of cloud computing for small businesses:
1. Reduces Costs – Storing files in the cloud instead of on-site can save money on hardware costs and IT support. This gives small business owners the money to invest in other parts of their business. Business owners who want to reduce costs without sacrificing their ability to do business and compete with larger companies are using the cloud.
2. Automated Data Backup – Every small business owner has cringed at the thought of losing everything in the case of a systems failure or other disaster. The Cloud not only simplifies this process by allowing your data to automatically update as you work. It also creates copies of your data off-site where it will be safe.
Most applications that use the cloud automatically update themselves so you won’t have to invest in IT services to keep your file storage system updated and maintained.
3. Mobile Workforce – One of the most popular benefits of cloud technology is the ability for small businesses to have fully-functioning mobile offices. The cloud fits in perfectly with this because it allows owners and employees to access and sync their data from wherever they are.
4. Easy to Use – Saving and accessing files in the cloud is easy, even for nontechnical small business owners and employees!
5. File Storage – Many small businesses have large files that take up a large part of their hard drive space, which can be costly. The cloud allows you to shift the storage of large files off of your local system, saving local storage for the files you need to access every day.
6. Information Sharing – Whether you have an in-house team or employees across the country, having your business in the cloud makes sharing data effortless. Once you have your data backed up, it’s easy to share files which eliminate the process of emailing large files and more.
7. Flexibility – The cloud and the way you use it can grow and change as your business needs require. The cloud is scalable, so it allows small businesses to create a plan for growth that utilizes the benefits of the cloud without a significant up-front investment.
You can start small and gradually increase your usage over time, paying only for the services and access you need. The cloud is also self-managed by the apps that provide the services, so you can eliminate or reduce the need for IT services to manage your technology.
Find out more about cloud services for small businesses.
Cloud offerings include cloud voice, web/video/content sharing and conferencing, file backup, sync and share, business email, identity and access management, security, archiving, and more.